In this post I will help you how to choose the best Google Ads account for your needs depending on how you choose to pay for your ads. This post is based on a 15 years of experience with Google Ads so let’s see which one is really the best.
Google Ads Threshold Accounts
In some countries when you sign up for a Google Ads account you can choose between Post Pay billing (Automatic Payments) or Prepaid billing (we will cover this later).
This means Google gives you some money in advance for your ads. This amount can range from 50$ up to 350$. Once you reach this amount or 30 days you will be billed.
A billing threshold is a level of spending that, when met, will trigger you to be charged for those costs.
If you don’t meet the current spending threshold within a 30 day period, Google will simply charge you every 30 days. If you exceed the current spending threshold within a 30 day period, you will be charged by Google at the time the threshold is exceeded.
What is the amount of the billing threshold? That depends, but it adjusts and becomes larger as you increase your spending. The billing threshold is raised each time your account hits the threshold before 30 days have ended.
Now, as this might seem like a great thing there are some downsides as well since you are using Googles money to show your ads.
- You don’t have to pay for your ads when you sign up
- Useful to test your ads
- Get up to 350$ in advance for your ads
- Google reviews these accounts very carefully since you are spending their money first
- Your account will go under review (takes more than 5 business days and there is no support about this to speed up)
- The account might be suspended fast for suspicious payments (this happens for various reasons even if you enter the right details)
- You end up paying the amount you spend anyway
- Ads are suspended if the account goes under review
- You can’t start with big budgets because the account will go under review instantly
- Monthly payments might add up a larger amount than you have to spend
Google Ads Prepaid Accounts
You can prepay any amount you wish as long as it is from an acceptable payment method and that payment method remains on your Google Ads account. And as long as you have a credit on your account the system will not run another payment.
Basically this means that you add money first on your Google Ads account in order to run your ads.
- Publish campaigns instantly without the account going under review
- Start with any budget you wish (even 2000$ per day from the first day)
- Spend as much as you can want and you can afford
- You have to add money first to the account in order for the ads to run
Which Billing Method is The Best?
That depends on your advertising goals and how much you can afford to spend on your ads. I will personally always choose a Prepaid Google Ads account since I can publish the ads instantly without any suspensions or review to worry about.
Buy Premium Google Ads Accounts For Advertising